Sunday, September 30, 2007

Red Hot Revival

Our "pot of beans" has been bubbling over. Not only have we been busy, but we are also "bubbling" over with joy. To whom ever thinks my blogs are to long (see the comment made on my last post) I will keep it short.

We started revival with Bro. Paul Walker the 2nd of September and we ended on the 23rd. We had a grand time. I don't have all the exact numbers but many souls were filled with the Holy Ghost and we also had many backsliders pray through.

Because of the length of the time we spent there we got to hear many to the testimonies of the saints. Many of them were heavily involved in drugs, alcohol and even gangs. But here they were in The United Pentecostal Church of Desert Hot Springs living in the power of the Holy Ghost. I thought about recycling and how God delights in taking dirty empty vessels cleaning them up from the inside out and refilling them with "new wine".

On the last night God lead Joel to have an healing and deliverance service. From early prayer to alter call there was a mighty move of God. Several testified to being healed instantly from arthritic pain. We are expecting many more reports to come from others who were healed. I can only "Glory to God".

On another note, this is our last week in San Diego. Joel has decided it is time for us to go full time again. We have been able to pay off a lot of our debts. HALLELUJAH!! And to my surprise I'm excited about evangelising again. Let me be painfully honest right now. Evangelising has many rewards, but it is still a hard life. I guess I was due for a much needed rest. So Joel and I have sat down and made a lot of changes in our scheduling, our day to day routine and our finances. I wish I had done this 6 years ago. But as they say "experience is greatest teacher". So as we go out we covet your prayers.

Well that is all for now. One more thing. Our first stop is ....I bet you can't guess...WASHINGTON...YEAH. Stay tuned to see what God has "cooked" up for us.

P.s. Enjoy the slid show as it will be last pics you see from us for a while. During the revival one my little sweet darling Beannie babies inadvertantly poured water on my camera. So untill I'm able to get a new one--Daddy are you reading this?--I'll be posting without pics.

5 comments:

Christina said...

I hope you are able to get a camera soon but it not please continue to post what is happening with you all. I enjoy the information even when there are no pics.

Christina said...

Meant to say that it is wonderful to hear how God is using you guys and what he is doing for so many people.

Gene Holley said...

Great to hear that you are being used of the Lord! We will be praying for God's hand to be upon your mightily and will keep your calendar FULL!

Michelle said...

I will be praying for ya'll as you go back on the field. I'm glad you enjoyed your "rest" and are ready to head to Washington! PS, I never think your posts are too long!

Keith and Carla said...

Glad to hear the great report! Y'all will be in our prayers. Keep on posting, even without the camera!