Friday, March 9, 2012

Work and Weaknessess

Good Friday morning friends and family. I normally would be at work right now but my sweetie and I took the day off because our anniversary is tomorrow and we NEED a little us time. All week long I have waited and dreamed about this day. Oh how I would sleep in and just be lazy but NO at 6:45 I am wide awake. Stupid job {HA! not really}.
So, I have been at work a month now and I really love working at Ross. I start at 7am in the cash office {I can't really tell you all that I do because thanks to all sorts of social media and the trash telling that goes on I had to sign a waiver} and when I am done I work on the floor for about an hour and half. I am off at 11. My boss is great and the team I work with are great also. But to tell the truth I have not adjusted yet. Between my home, my family, my church, the Ladies Department {I am a sectional director} and now work I feel so BEHIND and at times overwhelmed. I did not anticipate this.
I am a Mary stuck in Martha's body. I love God with all my heart but it is hard for me to stop doing all the work and choose the "better part". I think this is my greatest weakness. I strive for daily relationship but sad to say many times I choose laundry or house work or Sunday School lessons over God. This past week at Midweek Manna Joel taught about Lot being a righteous man and yet God never warned him about what was to come. Why? God spoke to me why because even though he was righteous he had no relationship. So I have been asking myself am I so busy being righteous that God cannot speak to me because I have spent no time with Him.
I really am not trying to be a Debbie Downer. I think I am a little sleep deprived this morning. HA! Seriously, how do you all keep up with everything and still find time to cultivate a relationship with God? I am a pretty organized gal but lately I am having doubts.
Now I feel better. Thanks for letting me share what has been weighing on me. My WHOLE family is now awake and they all are needing my attention. Next to confession, cooking is good for the soul. Blueberry Pancakes sound good.
Blueberry Pancakes for the Working Mom
Bisquick
Eggs
Milk
Blueberries
Follow the instructions on the box and add fresh blueberries.
Enjoy with the most wonderful family God ever gave a mom!!!

2 comments:

Amy Woodson Stoops said...

Sheree, you are as beautiful of spirit and heart as you are of face! I love you, and have always admired your honesty. Today, I needed it. I was just telling a friend yesterday how inadequate I have been feeling when it comes to "keeping up" with all life is asking of me right now, and cultivating my relationship with God. Thank you for sharing your heart. I pray those pancakes have never tasted sweeter! Come to Maine someday, and my boys can terrorize your girls while we enjoy each other's company! I love you.

Michelle said...

What a wonderful post. I think we all feel like that sometimes, I know I have definitly been Martha over Mary too many times. Praying for you and your Beans:)