Saturday, July 21, 2007

My Little Beans


I'd say that it's time for a Beannie Baby update!!! I'm so glad you agree.
Well to start with, during our last service of youth camp, Alivia was extremely fussy. Nothing I could do would calm her down. Finally as a last resort I gave her children's Motrin. (She and Alyssa get the same dose!!) Two day's later I'm feeding her and guess what SHE HAS A TOOTH. No wonder she was so upset, bones were growing in her head! And this week she GOT ANOTHER TOOTH! So you can imagine what it has been like for us. And the fun is just beginning because her top gums are swollen now. I can't wait to be out of the teething stage. When it rains it pours. Not only are we teething, we are crawling also, and if that isn't enough my BRILLIANT BABY BEAN is talking!! She really is, she said my name when I walked in the room where she was yesterday. She saw me and said "Mama". Awwww!!
And now my other child prodigy. Alyssa is constantly bringing joy to our lives through song. She is always singing. She sings about everything and while doing everthing and I mean everything. She can really come up with some corkers too. Her favorite song however is "Here I am to Worship". Recently while preaching for Bro. Anthony Blunk, Joel and Alyssa sang this song in church. It was one of the sweetest memories I will ever have. I wondered how the church would respond and was pleased when they began to worship during her song. If I hadn't been so busy taking pictures and trying to film it (which did not work, so sorry) I think I would have cried my eyes out. She showed no fear and even kept asking me if it was her time to sing yet. It really was music to my ears.
Recently, I was feeling very down about myself because I do not have a lot of accomplishments that I can look back upon. But then it just kind of came to me that these two little girls are mine and if I'm ever going to do something great in this life it's to raise them in a Godly home and instill in them a love for God and a love for people. I can't think of a greater responsibilty. Thank you God for two very precious daughters and help me to do my best to raise them according to your standards.
Since I'm in the bragging mood can I brag on myself? Notice those darling outfits the girls are wearing. I made Alyssa's. Arent' you proud. My wonderful and talented Mom made Alivia's at the same time to show me how. Let me take this time to say thank you mom for every dress you ever made me. Now I know all the hard work involved. And to think she usually made three at time. I think they turned out pretty good, huh!

Give me food!!

Her first time to sing in church.

12 comments:

Keith and Carla said...

Thanks for the update, Sheree! I cannot boast of any great accomplishments either, but I am doing my best to help my girls head in the right direction. That's an awesome responsibility!!!

Mandy said...

Wonderful to hear from you and about you all! I am sooooo proud of Alyssa and Alivia. I can't believe the crawling and talking and teething all happening together! ou are a good mom and you will raise beautiful girls to serve God just as your parents did! Love ya'll!

Christina said...

Glad to see some post from the Beans. I know what you mean by sometimes feeling you have not accomplished much to look back on, but then I think this is how it is supposed to be, me at home taking care of my children and family needs cause they sure wont get it from day care. That is of course my personal opinion! Anyway keep up your good Godly mothering and you will look back and see many accoplishments.

Michelle said...

I love the dresses, that must be such a cool feeling to turn out something so beautiful! Your girls are adorable.

Gene Holley said...

Sheree, The girls look so cute! You know that I will preach a little bit to you when you begin to get down on yourself! LOL! You are a tremendous force for the Kingdom of God and the enemy would like nothing else than you to doubt yourself. You are just beginning this great adventure called ministry and there will be MANY victories ahead - and your children are the greatest accomplishment of all. You know what I have said about you and I stand by it! Keep up the good work - you will reap if you faint not.

Anonymous said...

Awwww! How precious! I would have loved to hear your "baby" sing. Will we see you at Camp-Meeting?
Blessings!
www.iluv2prshim.wordpress.com

Karen Prince said...

So Sweet! I would have loved to hear Alyssa sing. I'm sure it would have brought tears to my eyes! And BTW, enjoying the teething, crawling stage, the TEEN years are much worse!!! I decided the other day that the toddler years are definitely(ms) my favorite!

Anonymous said...

My beautiful friend, you are more accomplished than you will ever know!! You have the gift for loving people. You have the skill for leaving smiles wherever you go. You have the blessing of touching other's lives in a positive way. You have the amazing ability to handle two barfing babies, be sick yourself, and still stay up late to giggle over wedding plans and be my friend!! I love you through thick and thin and can't wait for your next adventure to WA!! Love muches!!

Linda Elms said...

Sheree, you are wonderful! I'm proud of you and your "accomplishments" in God's Kingdom. Never doubt "who" you are! You are talented beyond words, loved by God and people, a great speaker, a lover of people, an awesome wife, mother, daughter, saint, and friend! I love you so much and know God is using you to raise two daughters to "be like Him". If they follow in your footsteps they will please God and be blessed by Him, just like their parents! Keep up the good work! I would have loved hearing Alyssa sing in church. I know it was precious! As for the baby stage...enjoy it! There is nothing mor precious than seeing your children grow and learn. I know you're enjoying being a mother and Sis. Christina is right about being at home with your children! NO ONE can give to your girls what YOU can give them. You pushed a very important button with me and I guess it shows in my comments. You're a GREAT lady! Again, I say....I love you more than words can say.

Sheree said...

Thank you all for your sweet words. It was very uplifting to read your replies although it was not my intent to seek after compilments from you all. Nevertheless, thank you and know that I do feel a lot better about myself.
Here is a thought, maybe we should have a "brag blog" where we all comment what we love most about each other.
I love you all.

Katie Booker said...

Sheree,
I wasn't sure any other way to contact you, but I am Katie Booker. My sister in law met you at California Camp Meeting and you were asking where I purchased my Double Ruffle Ribbon from. I found a source that sells it by the bulk, 50 yards per color to be exact, but they take at least 8 months to get your order shipped to you. I will be receiving my first shipment from them tomorrow, so if you are interested in certain colors let me know and if I have them I would be happy to sale some to you. I can't see using all 50 yards =). You can email me at lolosmommy1@yahoo.com.

Lori Holman said...

These little beans are going to be bean stalks by the time you post something new....LOL! Hope ya'll are doing well!
Love Ya'll