Monday, November 19, 2007

A Fabulous Weekend

Hi fellow bloggers, I just wanted to give you a quick update from Idaho. We are loving it here. God is really moving in our services. The Africans are starting to respond in worship (this is a big step for them) during the services. Continue to pray for them. Prince the young boy who had his foot amputated a few weeks ago was back to Sunday School last week. Please pray for him he is really having a hard time. Speaking of Sunday School last Sunday was Alyssa's 4th Birthday and to celebrate we took cupcakes to class. Some the Africans had never had these treats so that was a neat experience for us. I started teaching in my class this Sunday and I love it. I ask them lots of questions to get to know them better. They are so responsive. Their favorite food in America is pizza. We are currently teaching them Acts 2:38 in English and they are teaching me to count in Kurundi.

Bro. Kantola is doing so so. He was in the hospital most of last week. He contracted an infection and is on some really strong antibiotics. Saturday and Sunday were good days for him. Yesterday was his birthday so we took a party to him. We took pizza and a cake to his home and I think he really enjoyed it even though he couldn't eat anything( he hasn't ate in over three months).

On Saturday we went to IHOP for breakfast and saw Ashley Pounds working there. I recognized her right away. She was thrilled to see us and said we had to call her Dad. We did and he said he would be in church on Sunday morning. He was there and sat behind me in service. During worship I turned around just to see... and there I saw tears rolling down his cheeks as he prayed in the Holy Ghost. Who would have known that God would bring me here to Idaho where one of His lost sheep were and here I would have the experience of seeing that lost sheep as he begins making is way back into the fold. We had a wonderful lunch with Bro. Randy and he told how much he wanted to be back in church. So until he moves back to Texas hopefully we will see him here at Church. He also told us that Greg and Brandi are also wanting to get back in church. Praise God!! We told him to bring them along. We are so excited what God is doing here and will definitely be praying for that family.

That is all for now. Enjoy your day. And stay tuned to see what is brewing in our little pot of Beans

5 comments:

Gene Holley said...

That is incredible! I am so excited for y'all and also to hear about Randy. God knows just how to get in touch with us and it is beautiful to know that He cares that much! We're praying for your work there.

Karen Prince said...

AWESOME! I am so thrilled to hear that Randy was in church.

God truly cares for us!

Lori Holman said...

Sheree,
Tina Stacks (Peterson) and her husband and children live there in Meridian. She works at Wal-Mart and he (Brian) works at Lowe's.
I hope ya'll had a good Thanksgiving!
Love ya'll and I hope Alyssa is feeling better!

Keith and Carla said...

WONDERFUL!!! So glad to hear about Randy! God is so good!!!

Rosa said...

Sheree,
I loved listening to Alyssa read her book. She is so cute. Tell her Happy Birthday from Aunt Rosa. We missed you all for the Thanksgiving Holidays. Good to hear the good reports in your services. Give our love to the family. Kiss Alivia for us. Your blog is cute.

Love and Prayers,
Rosa, Art, ArthurIV, & Alysha