Friday, May 25, 2007

A Great Example

This past Tuesday we attended the Memorial Service for Momma Blanche. It was such a beautiful event. She would have been so pleased with such a sweet service. On the way home we stopped at Harris Ranch to have lunch. While there we did a little shopping in the gift store. When I walked into the shop I saw this quote and immediately it made me think of Momma Blanche and Papa. Family..all because two people fell in love. I had just been with a wonderful family who values relationship very much and all because these two wonderful people fell in love years ago.
The most memorable moment I have of Momma Blanche and Papa dates back 5 or 6 years ago. They were visiting the family in Escondido. We were all at the Jones' home talking in the living room. Momma Blanche and Papa were sitting at the dinning room table. I was nearest them and I don't think any one else heard their conversation. Papa had fallen during the previous night, so Momma Blanche asked how he was doing. He replied "Blanche I'm afraid." She took his hand and said "It's alright Voar, I'm right here and everything is going to be alright." The love that I saw they had for one another was so beautiful. From then on I have always prayed for that same kind of love for my spouse and my family. Just recently I told this remembrance and everyone at the table (those who had known the Shoemakes longer than I) agreed that they too had witnessed the love the Shoemakes shared for each other. Thank you Momma Blanche and Papa for showing the world what true love is all about. You have set a great example for us to follow.

I apologize for my lack of posts as of late. Things are settling down now and my sweet mother has just arrived so I promise to blog of all our fun. You are all in our prayers God bless and good night.

6 comments:

Linda Elms said...

Sis. Shoemake was a lovely lady. She will be missed! It was good seeing you and the family. I don't like the reason for us being together, but it's always nice to be with those you love. Have fun with your Mother and I'll see you in a few weeks. Love you!

Keith and Carla said...

Isn't it wonderful that we have those kinds of examples left for us to look up too?! Love you!

Mandy said...

Beautiful post! She must have been some kind of wonderful lady! I love the quote!
-Enjoy the time with your mom! Tell her we miss her!

Ron and Jerry Ann Guidroz said...

Thank you for posting this about this great lady. she was such an example of Godliness and a Godly Lady.
She was beautiful both inside and out.
I love your Mother in law also.
She has that same beautiful spirit.

Ron and Jerry Ann Guidroz said...

PS I am Jerry Ann Guidroz who reads Sis. Elms blog and visits the others on occasion. I've met you several times and we know Joel.

Anonymous said...

Well written article.