Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Our Last Revival

This week is our last revival as Evangelists. We are in Houma, La with our good friends Chad and Amy Ducote and their new baby Gracie. We had a wonderful service on Sunday and we are looking forward to another one tonight.
Today as I write this post I am filled with a bitter sweetness. The past eight years have been some of the hardest and greatest of my life. Evangelizing has not been an easy life, but it has been so rewarding. There were times when we lived on rolls of change we had been given by Joel's grandparents. Another time we went to buy groceries and had absolutely no money. But out of those times came a deep trust in God. During those times God would require us to lean on him and he always came through. Through whatever hard ache we endured God always made up the difference. It wasn't always monetarily though. We had great miracles happen. We saw blind eyes open, deaf ears unstopped, pain leave bodies instantly, healings from dieseases, deliverance from drugs, acohol,ciggaretts, depression and many miracles we don't even know about. I could never put a price on the worth of seeing a new soul recieve the Holy Ghost. God has been so good to us. I will cherish these last eight years forever.
Next week we embark on a new journey. Joel and I fly out on Tuesday to put a deposit on a home and possibly go to job interviews. We covet your prayers so much. We absolutely want God to lead us as we go. We want God to send us to the right house, the right location, the right jobs. I feel so inadiquate when I think of the job before, but this I know God will not send me where he will not equipe me. Just today Joel, said I can't wait to get to Seattle. That has been the way we have felt for months and now the time has come. We are planning the move for the last week of Feburary. Please keep us in your prayers. We love you all and thank you for your love and support.

10 comments:

Ashley said...

We have gotten so used to you being here. We will miss you so much. I don't even think about you leaving right now. I know what will happen. It will be so hard to say bye. The only thing that comforts me is knowing you are in the will of God.

Sheree said...

I know how you feel. We will miss you all terribly. Get your plane ticket!!!

Michelle said...

We'll be praying for yall! You'll have to write a book when your an old lady Sheree, I would love to read about your 8 years on the field and how you start your new work!

Michelle said...

Oh, and the only reason I said "old lady" was because I know you don't have time right now:)

Madison S. said...

We will be praying! we will have to come and visit!

Karla said...

I've never been to Seattle that I remember - This sounds like a great reason to come visit!!

Anonymous said...

I would have to agree with Ash, it will be very hard to say good bye. I guess either I am going to have my own child now or steal Heidi. Zach and I will now have a reason travel even more. Make sure you get a house big enough to hold all of us. We love yall bunches and will miss yall greatly. What I am going to do with out my girls??
Love ya
Ambug

Lynda said...

Your family will be such a blessing to the Seattle area. I'll be praying for yall in your new field.

Linda Elms said...

Sheree, God is going with you and will hold you close as you leave family and friends. There will be great things happen through ya'll's ministry and love for people! We'll all miss you here at "home", but will be listening for the wonderful reports! We will be praying for a mighty revival! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE YOU!

janet anglin said...

It's so beautiful to see the way God has used you and Bro. Joel. I know God will send you a great harvest of souls, and y'all will always be in my prayers. Hope to see you in the fall when I come to Seattle.