Sunday, April 15, 2007

A Fun Day

Can you believe this my second post in one week? All my babies are asleep and I have time for myself. What am I going to do? Since this is my favorite hobby these days, I think I'll blog for a while.
We preached for Bro. Andrew Buxton this afternoon who has a Home Missions work in La Mesa, Ca.We had a really good service and it was great being able to fellowship with them and their five children. Yes, you read that right, five. WOW!
This past week Joel was on vacation so we just hung out and did nothing. On Friday however we decided it would be a crime to live in this beautiful city and not take advantage of some the sites. There is an oceanography institute in La Jolla with an adjoining aquarium and we thought Alyssa might enjoy all the fish. Not only did she enjoy it but here enthusiasm was felt by all who got near her. Of all the interesting things I learned,the most remarkable thing is that a grey whale who weighs 35 tons can swim 5-8 mph. That's good concidering how large they are. Just thought I would share that with you.
I started Alivia on cereal this week and she loves it. A few days later I added applesauce, she hasn't quite taken to that one.
Here are a few pics, I hope you enjoy.


It was a miracle she didn't drown!


Alyssa feels of the starfish.


Daddy and his girl


Sitting by the tidepools


Joel and Alyssa playing in the sand


Jonah's says "hi"


Isn't it beautiful


Her first tastes of cereal

11 comments:

Ashley said...

Looks like ya'll had a great time! I enjoyed the pictures. Love you bunches.

Keith and Carla said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time. Sheree, I so enjoyed the pictures; thanks for sharing.

Mandy said...

AHHH!!! Hurry up and come home! All these did was make me miss you all and I'm not even an Aunt or Grandma...so I know they must really really miss you all. The pictures are great. Love ya'll and hope to see you soon.

Michelle said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun! I love San Diego, my grandparents used to live there.

Linda Elms said...

I'm so glad you shared the pictures and your vacation memories. I love La Jolla. That is one of the places Bro. Elms and I dated. It brings back a lot of memories. It is beautiful there!

Tammy Bryant said...

Ohhh the pictures are wonderful! So glad y'all shared and had a great time.
Come home sounds good to me!

Love all those Beans!!!

By the way Joel, your mother was just precious at Conference!

Misty said...

I love acquariums! Looks like you guys had a great time there.

Sheree said...

Thanks to all of you. Mandy, we miss you all to. I don't know when we we'll be able to come home hopefully soon though.

Gene Holley said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I especially liked the "Jonah says hi!" comment. These memories will last a lifetime. Keep preaching the Word and having fun with the family! We love you.

Jana Allard said...

Thanks for sharing the pics. We are going to be in the San Diego area the last weekend of this month and that aquarium sounds really interesting. I will be singing and speaking at a sectional ladies day (Friday the 27th) hosted by El Cajon church. Just maybe we can have a little side trip before heading back home that Saturday.

Karen Prince said...

I've been a little late on checking all the blogs! I enjoyed the pictures, the scenery is beautiful. And your girls are just precious! Keep making the memories!
Karen