Friday, April 20, 2007

Happy Birthday Dad

Last night we celebrated my father-n-law's 75th birthday. His actual birthday isn't until the 24th of April, but because they are headed to the Philippines today we had his party early. Let me mention here that Mom and Dad will be gone for two weeks and covet your prayers. Mom will be ministering during Ladies Conference and I think Dad will be preaching also (not to the ladies, but to churches). But I digress, we had a festive time honoring this great man. I love my father-n-law so much. He is a man of integrity and great wisdom. Whenever Joel and I go to him seeking advise he is always there to give us wise counsel. He has given so much of his money and himself not only to his family,but to the kingdom of God.
We held the party at Art and Rosa my brother-n-law and sister-n-law's home here in Chula Vista. One of Dad's favorite foods is barbecue so we feasted on some more good barbecue and side dishes made by all of the daughters. (I have to say my potato casserole was wicked good.) After dinner and the opening of gifts we watched a tribute that the family put together for Dad. All in all we had a fabulous time. It always so great to be with people you love. Here are a few pictures from the party.



The Birthday Boy


His true colors show

Let the feasting begin

The feasting

The cake

Blowing out his candles

Opening the presents

Art and Rosa

Warren and Jennifer with Alivia

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Happy Birthday, Bro. Hodges!

Linda Elms said...

Happy Birthday, Bro. Hodges! I hope you have many more great years!