Monday, October 15, 2007

Beautiful Napa

Just a quick update for you. We are still in Napa. They will start on the car in the morning, so it looks like we will be here for a few more days. In the meantime, we have had great some great church services since being here.
Today after lunch we took Hwy 29 and drove through all the vineyards. I have decided I want to retire in Napa. It is so beautiful here. The landscape, the homes, everything about the Napa Valley is so lovely. At times we could smell the sweetness of the grapes being pressed. On the same highway we came upon this incredible building and when we passed by the sign read Culinary Institute of America. Oh my word!! It is so beautiful. Joel stopped and insisted that I get out and go in. One of my dreams is to someday go to culinary school. So to say that I was mesmerized is an understatement. The spices, the cook books, the cooking utensils oh my. Had I been 15 minutes earlier I could have set in on a cooking class. (The smell coming from that room was divine.) So for the 45 minutes I spent there I was in heaven on earth. I bought Alyssa and I both a cook book to remember the occasion by. (Alyssa is an aspiring cook.) It has been a great day. I only wish I had my camera to take pictures.
One last thing to leave you with. When we got here and realised we would be stuck here for a few days and then at how much it would cost to fix the truck I became very stressed. Then I read this scripture For behold, I am for you,... Ezekeil 36:9. Immediatley I had peace, I knew then that whatever we needed God will be for us. So be encouraged today, whatever you need God himself will be for you. WOW!!

1 comment:

Patti said...

I enjoy reading your blog, you always keep it interesting. My husband is from Napa, and he said it is beautiful. God knows when the sparrow falls, and if He takes of the sparrows, how much more will He take care of you! God always makes a way where there seems to be no way. He is always there 24/7.